Friday, May 18, 2012

Oh, Well . . .

   So I didn't get the little camelback engine. A last-second sniper got the final bid, and the engine. Oh well, I sure gave him a run for his money. In the end, I decided that paying full price for an old engine (that's still in production) didn't make much sense, so I set my maximum bid accordingly. Maybe it was the roadname he wanted so bad, in which case he's probably happy. Me, I'll find another little engine =)

     Heading for the train shop Saturday morning to see what wonderful things I can find to spend my hobby allowance on. It's my favorite almost-weekly routine, chatting with the owner, looking at all the pretty engines, and buying myself something. Just like when I was a kid, only now I have money. And there's nobody to say "You spent all your allowance on WHAT?"

     If I allow the allowance, then I set the limit. I pay the bills, I make the rules. Hey, being a grown-up is great!

2 comments:

  1. Better to let it go, honestly.
    Which hobby shop was it? I've kinda had it with Franciscan. Last time I was in there, the older guy there barked at me for going into something that was off limits evidently. (Even though there was no sign.) Then he swore at "the f-ing customers digging around where they shouldn't".

    Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really? Doesn't sound like my guys, although maybe someone was having a really bad day. There are different people working there on different days too, and maybe I just haven't met that guy yet. But I can understand how that would turn you off. Both times I visited Chan's I got the feeling I was less than welcome, so I don't go there anymore either. Vote with your wallet, I always say!

    ReplyDelete