Monday, August 20, 2012

Rusting Away

     I finally got up the nerve to start painting my little Mantua engine, and so far I'm really pleased with the results. After thinking long and hard, I decided a mixed media approach was in order.
     First, I painted Floquil reefer white everywhere I wanted rust. Second, I mixed Testors flat sea blue with flat black and used it for the primary color. The subtle blue in the black will make the rust really pop. Third, I went overthe white with Tamiya clear orange. the result you see here.
     Once I finish the orange, I plan to blend it in and tone it down with Testors rust. The bright orange should show through and give a great luminescence. The smoke box will be testors silver. Once it's done, clear coat and weathering to finish it off.



No comments:

Post a Comment